Top Marks for Wallace Pre-School Provision
THE PRE-PREPARATORY DEPARTMENT OF THE WALLACE HIGH SCHOOL has received top marks in an Early Years Inspection.
Inspectors from the Early Years Team of the South-Eastern Health and Social Care Trust recently visited the setting, unannounced, to observe compliance with Quality of Care (Part 2) of the Minimum Standards for Childminding and Day Care.
The main findings from the Inspection included -
- ‘Children are clearly safeguarded through systems and practices that are consistent with the Regional Child Protection Policies and Procedures.’
- ‘Children are provided with a wide variety of nutritious foods and drinks that contribute to their health, growth and development.’
- ‘The setting complies fully with Environmental Health Department guidance regarding the safe handling and preparation of food.’
- ‘Consistent use of positive strategies to establish acceptable patterns of behaviour and to promote the children’s wellbeing, self-esteem and development are in operation.’
- ‘A strong partnership exists with parents to meet the needs of children both individually and as a group.’
- ‘The setting actively promotes equality of opportunity and inclusion for all children and their parents and positively values diversity.’
- ‘The inclusion, welfare and development of children who have additional needs are actively promoted.’
The Inspectors left the ‘well-run’ setting confident that there was ‘full compliance’ with the Standards and without making any recommendations for improvement.
Commenting on the outcome of the unannounced Inspection, Richard Lawther, Head of the Pre-Prep provision within The Wallace High School said, ‘It is no secret that the Early Years are critical in providing pupils with an introduction to the necessary concepts that are central to successful learning and we are delighted the Trust has nothing but praise for the quality of our care in The Wallace High School Pre-Preparatory Department. It is a testament to our hardworking staff, pupils and parents.'
The Principal, Deborah O’Hare shared in Mr Lawther’s delight at the very positive Inspection. She said, “Miss Carly Graham, Miss Lisa Cole, Mrs Diane Hall and Mrs Julie Gilmore work tirelessly to provide an enriching and exciting Pre-School curriculum, supported expertly by Mr Lawther and the whole Prep team. Allowing children to explore learning through play at this vital age is an important part of the development of happy and successful learners. I am very pleased to see that Mr Lawther is now extending the Pre-School provision to include a full day. I know that our parents have wanted this for some time and I am confident that what we offer will be unique and very popular. "
The Pre-Preparatory Department within The Wallace High School has been in operation for nearly 8 years and has continued to grow from strength to strength in that time. The School is delighted to announce that the Pre-School will be offering full-day places from September 2019. To find out more about Pre-School spaces within the setting which supports both Childcare Vouchers and Tax-free Childcare initiatives, please visit www.wallaceprep.org or email [email protected] and we will be most willing to arrange a tour for you.