Top Marks for Wallace Pre-School Provision
THE PRE-PREPARATORY DEPARTMENT OF THE WALLACE HIGH SCHOOL has received top marks in an Early Years Inspection.
Inspectors from the Early Years Team of the South-Eastern Health and Social Care Trust visited the setting, unannounced, in March 2017 to observe compliance with Quality of Care (Part 1) of the Minimum Standards for Childminding and Day Care.
Children from the age of 2 years and 10 months can attend the setting, which Inspectors found to be, ‘child-centred and welcoming,’ for their pre-pre-school and pre-school year.
The main findings from the Inspection included -
- clear systems and practices for safeguarding and child protection are in place
- the children’s developmental and play needs are being met and that their well-being and care are prioritised at all times
- children being found to be engaged in age-appropriate play based learning opportunities which complemented the DENI pre-school curriculum
- staff being aware of each child’s individual needs and interests
- a good working relationship existing between parents and staff with structures in place to discuss and share observations and progress
The Inspectors left the, ‘well-run’ setting confident that there was, ‘full compliance’ with the Standards and without making any recommendations for improvement.
Commenting on the outcome of the unannounced Inspection, Richard Lawther, Head of the pre-prep provision within The Wallace High School said, ‘It is no secret that the Early Years are critical in providing pupils with an introduction to the necessary concepts that are central to successful learning and we are delighted the Trust has nothing but praise for the quality of our care in The Wallace High School Pre-Preparatory Department. It is a testament to our hardworking staff, pupils and parents.’
To enquire about pre-school spaces within the setting which supports both Childcare Vouchers and Tax-free Childcare initiatives, please click here to get in touch and we will be most willing to arrange a tour for you.